The Wildwood Housing Authority manages a public housing program only.
For more information on the Housing Choice Voucher program (Section 8), please call the State of New Jersey DCA Atlantic/Cape May field office at (609) 441-3334, or visit the State of NJ website at NJ DCA Section 8

For information on the Wildwood Housing Authority income limits and the Fair Market Rents (FMRs) for Cape May County please see link under the Programs Tab - Public Housing.


Effective March 1, 2021, the Wildwood Housing Authority has switched to accepting online applications only. Applicants who have successfully submitted their waitlist application can check their status online. Links to our online application and waitlist status can be found below and under the Programs tab.  (Please choose only 1 bedroom size and only one complex waiting listing either Sandman Towers or Commissioners Court not both!)

Wildwood Housing Authority Wait List Application - Link to WHA Application
Wildwood Housing Authority Applicant Status - Link to check WHA Application Status

This Link is only if you have alreadly applied using the first link above, you must contact the WHA Office for the portal code that will allow Applicants to regrister to have the ability to update their contact information, select communication preferences, and securely exchange documents with the housing authority using the portal. Wildwood Housing Authority Applicant Portal
Process to regrister for the Application Portal: This is a pdf that briefly explains it. Click on the link: How to Register for the Applicant Portal

Application Change Form - If you have a change in your application information.  Please click on the link to submit changes.

Please Note: If your applicant status search returns “Applicant Not Found”, it means you DO NOT have an active wait list application. Please follow the wait list application link to apply, or call our office for more information.

If you would like to know our application process is a pdf that briefly explains it. Click on the link: How to Apply –Application Process

Below is the preference point options we use to calculate your place on our list. Please be aware that the preference points are given per household not per household member. As you move up on the list be aware that you would have to provide verification for the preferences you have chosen.

Preference Points Ranking

  1. Assisted Living Program (ALP) - (Available for Sandman Towers Only) - Information on the ALP can be found under the Programs tab.  To be eligible for the Assisted Living Program with Caring Inc. You must have Medicaid and Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) or Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE).
  2. Elderly (Age 62 & older)
  3. Working (30 hrs. + per week) head/spouse/co-head
  4. Disability
  5. Near-Elderly (Age 55 to 61) head/spouse/co-head
  6. Displaced \ Substandard Housing
  7. Veteran*
  8. Wildwood Resident (Currently residing in 08260 zip code)
*WHA ACOP defines “veteran” as a Head of Household who was honorably discharged** or who is currently on active duty**, also includes the spouse of a veteran who is currently on active duty, or the widow of a veteran who was killed in action.

NJ FamilyCare Members: please respond to your renewal packet even if it is overdue. Eligibility reviews have re-started. Share your updated contact information with NJ FamilyCare. Watch for our mail. Reply on time.  Stay CoveredNJ | Stay CoveredNJ
NJ FamilyCare flyer - UW_P1_flyer_photosB-ENG-accessibleFolleto de NJ FamilyCare - UW_P1_flyer_photosB-SP-accessible

Currently the Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List Pre-Applications Open January 17th, 2023 until February 3, 2023 at 5:pm you would need to contact NJ Department of Community Affairs. Please see attached PDF with their contact information:   NJ Housing Voucher.pdf

Below are pdf's that have information regarding a variety of resources and agencies in the Cape May County Area.

Cape May County Resource Guide -  Cape May County Resource Guide - Housing & Community
Cape May County Resource Guide -  Cape May County Resource Guide Elderly and Disabled

 Call 211 for Essential Community Services -  united Way 211 -