%@page language="java" %> Wildwood Housing Authority, NJ


These frequently asked questions (FAQs) are intended to provide programs answers to routine questions to aid in decision making.
How Do I apply?
Go to the Home page and click where is says Apply Application or on the top navigation Apply.  Find the link in blue named Wildwood Housing Authority Wait List Application - Link to WHA Application.  Follow the instructions to submit a pre-application. This is the only way to start the application process.  This is a PDF that briefly explains on how to set up portal access after you apply. Click on the link: How to Register for the Applicant Portal
Is a email address needed to apply to submit my pre-application?
You cannot submit a pre-application without an email address. You must obtain a valid email address to make pre-application. There are many free email services such as Yahoo, Gmail , etc.
What information do I need when I fill out the pre-application?
You will need the full legal names, social security numbers and dates of birth for all members in your household. You will also need to list all income received by every member in the household on an annual basis.  All household members’ income needs to be disclosed by entering it onto the pre-application.
How can I make changes to my Applciation after I have submitted it?
If you have already applied, you must put in writing any changes being made or you could contact the WHA Office for the portal code that will allow Applicants to register to have the ability to update their contact information, select communication preferences, and securely exchange documents with the housing authority using the portal. Wildwood Housing Authority Applicant Portal.
Is there a maximum income that would make me ineligible for housing assistance?
Yes, Housing and Urban Development (HUD) establishes the annual income limits to be eligible to apply for public housing. The income levels are updated every year. Refer to our Public Housing tab for the income limit information.
How long will my application remain active?
The Authority will update and purge its waiting list annually to ensure that the pool of applicants reasonably represents the interested families. The Authority shall mail requests to each applicant for limited updated information. Each applicant shall be required to respond within a specific time frame, which shall be no less than two weeks from the date the request was mailed to the applicant by the Authority.
The application of any household that fails to respond to the update request by the specific deadline date will be purged. 
What is counted as income?
Annual income is the anticipated total income from all sources received by the family head and by each additional member of the family.  This includes all income derived from assets.
How is Rent Calculated?
You are charged a monthly rent that is either based on 30 percent of your adjusted household income or a Fair Market Rent schedule. The rent is calculated according to federal regulations.
What constitutes as an eviction?
You can be evicted from public housing for non-payment of rent and/or violation of the lease terms, such as failing to pay rent, habitually late, destroys property, etc.  Please see Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy ACOP for more information.
If I have a request for a reasonable Accomdation due to disability. What is the Agency's policy on handling the request?
Per the Wildwood Housing Authority’s ACOP, the WHA will only consider reasonable accommodation requests that address accessibility issues or to alleviate life threatening medical issues (§12-III.B).  Reasonable accommodations will be checked on a case-by-case basis and will take into consideration the disability and the need(s) of the individual.
How do I add or remove a family member?
If you need to add a child because of a birth, adoption, or court-awarded custody, you must submit a copy of the birth certificate, Social Security card, and court order (if applicable).

To add adult household members, you must request and obtain approval from WHA before the person moves into your unit. You will need to fill out a background paperwork  along with supporting documentation.

Removing a Member of the Household - Listed under Chapter 9 REEXAMINATIONS : 9-III.B. CHANGES IN FAMILY AND HOUSEHOLD COMPOSITION
The Resident Head of Household may opt to remove a member of the household (whether adult or minor child) from the Lease by submitting a written request to the Property Manager that indicates the member to be removed, the reason for the removal, where the member will be residing and the effective date of the change.
To do so, the Head of Household must provide documents that satisfy criteria from the following list which must total a minimum of 10 points:
Lease of removed person, evidencing his/her new address (10 POINTS)
Utility bill of removed person, evidencing his/her new address (7 POINTS)
Is head of household willing to move to a smaller apartment? (7 POINTS)
Resident in good standing (5 POINTS)
WHA checks subject apartment and finds no evidence that the culpable person is still living in the apartment (5 POINTS)
Documentation notifying the USPS of change of address for the member (5 POINTS)
Mail going to removed person at different address (3 POINTS)
Request that mail not be delivered to the head of household’s address (3 PTS)
Legal Disclaimer Ad in newspaper (3 POINTS)

The followed are allowable supporting documents of new address:
•             Lease Agreement for the current residence.
•             Utility bills: gas, electric, cable or landline phone (no mobile phone bills)
•             Vehicle registration
•             State ID showing your address and expiration date – Must show the changed address on ID.
•             Change of address at the Post Office
•             Any other government or financial institution-issued document
•             A Notarized affidavit from the landlord.

Individuals attending college, enlisted in the U.S. armed services, or are temporarily away from the unit will not be removed from the Lease. If the Head of Household moves or deceases and is the sole occupant, the Lease will be terminated.
If the removal of a member of the household, for any reason, results in an under‐utilized unit size, the household will be required to transfer into an available appropriately sized unit. Failure to comply is a material violation of the Lease and may result in termination of tenancy

Please be aware that you will still be liable for any rent due/income attached to household as long as they are still listed on the lease.  It does not matter under who’s income it is, all adults are held accountable for it being paid.
Maintenance -  Work Orders
What is considered a maintenance emergency?
A maintenance emergency:
    Threatens someone’s health or safety immediately, or
    Will cause property damage if not corrected immediately

Some examples of true emergencies include:
   Whole Stove not working
   Refrigerator not working
   Leaking water
   No Electricity
   Sewer backups
   Fallen electrical lines
What are the Maintenance Staff hours
Maintenance Staff will be available for emergency maintenance work orders, (after business hours, holidays and weekends) call 609-551-8836. WHA Office staff will still be available to assist residents via telephone and email during our regular business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.

We also encourage you to use email or call to communicate with us if possible.  WHA Residents can access some services using the Wildwood Housing Authority tenant portal on the website. If you need help accessing the tenant portal please call 609-729-0220. 
How do I submit a work order request?

During Wildwood Housing Authority business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 4:30), you can submit work orders by calling the office directly: 609-729-0220.

You can also log into the tenant portal and submit  a work orders online.

For Emergencies only call after business hours, weekends and on Holidays, the On-Call Maintenance at 609-551-8836.